Drawing on its conviction centred on long-term impact investing, Edmond de Rothschild Group has always been active in the real estate sector. Keenly aware of the deep-rooted changes in society affecting the real estate sector, the Group undertakes to facilitate and finance major transformations in the sector, with a specific focus on regional development, construction of new sustainable buildings, renovation and energy optimisation of obsolete buildings.
We aim to achieve our vision in two ways: 1) investing in assets that meet the most recent standards from a technical and user comfort standpoint, and 2) perhaps more importantly, ensuring that we have a positive impact on our current stock of properties, inherited from the previous generation.
By taking action on the technical front, older buildings can be made more efficient, for example by installing double or triple-pane windows, improving insulation, installing LED lights, and installing more efficient heaters with renewable technologies and fuel. Not to mention streamlining and limiting the installation of cooling and air conditioning systems, which use large amounts of energy in a vicious cycle of global warming.
Sustainability goals must be managed over the entire life cycle of a property: from acquisition or construction, to everyday management and renovations, to disposal (where applicable).
Within this vast universe of sustainability, Edmond de Rothschild REIM Suisse aims to be objective, systematic and ambitious in setting and monitoring targets, and practical in implementing initiatives. It is important to collect and measure data in order to identify and make long-term improvements to assets. The SICAV also relies on an ecosystem of experts to support and expand its ESG expertise.
INSERER LIEN VERS DURABILITE ERRES
INSERER LIEN VERS DURABILIT EDR REIM (mise à dispo de la politique sur le site ?)
Buildings are responsible for around 40% of global energy used, and as much as one-third of global greenhouse gas emissions.1 We believe that a sustainable approach to managing and developing properties is essential. Our sustainability initiatives follow an ESG (environmental, social and governance) integration approach based on the following three pillars: ESG performance benchmark, building optimization and building certificates.
Sustainable investing makes smart business sense. Managing properties sustainably can have a positive impact not just on the environment but also on their future value. Environmental considerations are incorporated into all our policies and investment processes. New construction projects are built in a sustainable manner. Existing properties are continually checked and improved to maximize their energy efficiency.
The Board of Directors and fund manager Edmond de Rothschild REIM (Suisse) SA undertake to:
- Align strategy and management in a bid to support the Confederation’s 2050 climate strategy;
- Measure the ecological and social footprint and take action to generate a concrete, measurable impact on the entire life cycle of real estate assets;
- Protect the environment by limiting pollution and using resources sustainably;
- Offer comfortable living and work spaces to our tenants;
- Offer transparent and comprehensive reports to investors;
- Protect investments from potential climate change risks;
- Gradually replace all fossil fuels with renewable energy sources;
- Continuously improve the SICAV’s stance on sustainability;
- Implement the measures needed to achieve our targeted results.
- 2018: definition of an ESG policy by the fund manager, in addition to targets for CO2 emissions reduction and energy needs at the SICAV level
- 2018: implementation of an ESG data collection system covering all buildings
- 2019: first ESG report included in the annual report based on OID (Sustainable Real Estate Observatory) goals
- 2020: complete portfolio analysis based on SNBS (Standard Nachhaltiges Bauen Schweiz) criteria, and first member of the Swiss Sustainable Real Estate Index (SSREI)
- 2020: provision of energy factsheets for all buildings on the website
Selected examples of building achievements
- Cross-disciplinary: ECO21
- La Meyrinoise (Minergie renovation certification)
- Existing renovations: Brugg
- New construction: Vergers
- QDE with GeniLac
- Press release - First member of SSREI (2020)
- 2020 Sustainability Report (extract of 2020 annual report)
- 2019 Sustainability Report (extract of 2019 annual report)
- Labels/Partenariat SIG Logo ? SNBS Certification ?
With its partner Signa-Terre, fund manager Edmond de Rothschild REIM (Suisse) created Immolabel energy factsheets for all its buildings, used to identify each building’s potential energy savginns and renovation priorities. They are also used to accurately track and check the progress made on each building over time. The most recent version of each factsheet is available at the following link, listing all the buildings owned by the SICAV: https://www.edr-realestatesicav.ch/erres-swiss/immeubles.aspx
Graphiques évolution C02 et IDC ?